This guide will: Explain how Instant URL works and its benefits to you
Estimated time to complete: Three minutes
Our ‘Instant URL’ platform feature enables you to instantly add a live website to your list of sites and share it with colleagues or clients, without manually updating the DNS and nameserver records. You don’t need to wait for it to propagate, either.
Your ‘Instant URL’ is created automatically, allowing you to view the website online instantly.
- Log in to the Nimbus platform and head to the ‘Websites’ overview.
- Click on the ‘Add Website’ button and select the server you wish to add your website to.
- In the ‘Website Address’ field, your instant URL is created automatically by the platform. It also tells you that “Your instant URL will be live on website creation.”
- In the ‘Website Address’ field, you can overwrite the instant URL with your website address, if desired.
- Alternatively, if you wish to, you can develop a staging website with the instant URL.
When you’re ready to set up your own website domain for live use, simply go to the ‘Website Overview’, select ‘Change Domain’, and add your own website domain to the ‘Domain’ field.
Next, set up the DNS for your website accordingly, and you’re ready to go.
- Once your website has been created, the platform takes you to its overview page. Your new website address and the instant URL are both visible, and you copy them from here.
You can also access your instant URL or website address at any time on the ‘Aliases & Redirects’ page of your website menu.
Currently in the Beta phase.
Please note that ‘Instant URL’ is in the Beta phase, so it’s a work in progress. Further testing and improvements may be required.
Want to find out more? Raise a ticket